Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wah Sun



A friend of mine told me that the oldest restaurant was featured in Jessica Soho. I was very curious and eager to see the place. The Ambos Mundos 1888 and the Wah Sun 1955 was both located at Recto near LRT station.




My bestfriend and i went there last week. It's a very interesting place because two huge black pigs will greet you at the entrance of the restaurant. The ground floor is an open canteen and the place were already crowded at 10 in the morning. We walk upstairs and saw a giant yellow snake and a medium size alligator too. There's also a pond with fishes and birds on a cage.



The second floor is the aircondition dinning area and i can't believe they have preserved the historic place.



We asked the waiter what is their best selling food and he mention special miki bihon, asado rice and lumpiang shang-hai. I like to order their chicken however we are on a tight budget hihihihi.



I love the asado rice that has a unique taste and the lumpiang shang-hai too. The lumpia is very tasty and i wonder if it's a ground pork or shrimp.
I don't like their special miki bihon, it's salty and oily.

Well,I had a great time eating and looking at the animals at Wah Sun. i can say it's a great experience. Definitely i will come back and might celebrate my birthday at Wah Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment